Revised August 27, 2019
Table of Contents
- What We Collect
- How We Use It
- Public Records
- Linking Policy
- Cookie Notice
- Access and dispute of information
The Montgomery County website is a service provided by the Montgomery County Board of County Commissioners. We recognize the importance of privacy to our website visitors. This Privacy Notice & the Policies enclosed within apply to the entirety of www.mcohio.org.
What information we collect
- Personal identifiable information* provided to us through our contact forms, which may include:
- Chat Sessions
- Electronic & Paper Forms
- NOTE: We recommend that individuals do not submit sensitive personal identifiable information, such as social security numbers, driver's license numbers or medical or financial information through our contact form.
- Generic user information is collected and used as aggregate data, and may include:
- Browser and location information
- Date and time when accessing sites
- Operating system
- Internet Protocol (IP) address
- Your browsing history within Montgomery County’s websites
How we use that information
- Personal identifiable information you submit in e-mail or online forms is used so that we can answer or process your request as effectively as possible.
- All information collected through server log files is used in aggregate form to analyze usage trends and statistics to help us improve our website.
- Cookies for user behavior and for advertising – non-personal information – are used to:
- Evaluate user behavior (e.g., webpages you visited) and to measure effectiveness of advertising.
- Cookies may also be used when necessary to complete a transaction, to process data submitted to us online, or to facilitate ongoing Internet interaction.
- Third parties:
- Almost all information collected by Montgomery County is considered public records and as such may be provided to third parties in response to public records request to comply with state law.
- In rare instances, some personal identifiable information may be redactable in special or specific circumstances.
Some information is public record and subject to Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) requests. The State of Ohio public records law may require Montgomery County to disclose documents, information and records submitted through this website to a third party in response to a public records request.
Ohio public records law requires government agencies to disclose most documents and records, including electronic records. Therefore, information submitted through this website may be subject to disclosure pursuant to a public records request. Please be aware that for public records, Ohio law requires us to disclose the records despite requests to keep information confidential. Read our PublicRecords Policy for more information.
You can also find more information by following this link to read about Ohio Sunshine Law.
Montgomery County operates mcohio.org as a public service to Montgomery County residents and visitors worldwide. This website may provide links to external websites that are not maintained or controlled by Montgomery County. Montgomery County is not responsible for the content of external websites. A link to a non-governmental website does not constitute endorsement.
We use technologies, such as cookies, to customize content and advertising, to provide social media features and to analyze traffic on the website. We also share information about your use of our site with our trusted social media, advertising and analytics partners for statistical and analytical purposes to study usage trends to help us improve our website.
Access and dispute of information:
Under sections 1347.08 and 1347.09 of the Ohio Revised Code, individuals have access rights to their information that is maintained in personal information systems by Montgomery County. "Access rights" means you have the right, within limits, to inspect, correct, and dispute such information.
Montgomery County maintains a number of personal information systems to support its program areas.
For record-keeping systems not covered by chapter 1347 of the Revised Code, we will work with you to give you the opportunity to inspect, correct or dispute information, if any, about yourself in other records system we maintain, subject to restrictions or limits in Ohio law.
We use technologies, such as cookies, to customize content and advertising, to provide social media features and to analyze traffic to the site. We also share information about your use of our site with our trusted social media, advertising and analytics partners for statistical and analytical purposes to study usage trends to help us improve our website.
Written correspondence may be sent to:
ATTN: Office of Communications and Public Affairs
Montgomery County Administration Building
451 W. Third St, 11th Floor
Dayton, Ohio 45422