DAYTON, OH (November 20, 2021) – Montgomery County Homeless Solutions Policy Board (HSPB) is proud to announce the recipients of its inaugural Homeless Solutionary Awards.
“More than 3,440 households experience homelessness every year in Montgomery County. However, these six community leaders embody what it means to be part of the solution,” said Montgomery County Commissioner Carolyn Rice. “Each of these individuals was selected because of their compassion, creativity, and community impact. It is my honor, on behalf of all of the Board of County Commissions, to thank each of them for helping us end homelessness in our County.”
- Angel Bernard, Rehousing Manager, St. Vincent de Paul Dayton
- Toni Morgan, Director of Operations, YWCA Dayton
- Tina Patterson, CEO, Homefull
- Abriella Ruby, Founder, Love Conquers Dayton
- Dr. Roger Reeb, Licensed Clinical Psychologist, Psychology Professor at University of Dayton
- Heather Wilson, Program Services Director at Miami Valley Housing Opportunities
“The Homeless Solutions Policy Board is pleased to celebrate its inaugural class of Homeless Solutionary Honorees. We are fortunate to have exceptional leaders who listen to the needs of others and enact change through the removal of barriers and strengthening of our systems,” said HSPB Co-Chair Rev. John Paddock.
Montgomery County is recognizing National Hunger and Homelessness Awareness Week from Nov. 14 to 20. The Homeless Solutionary Awards will formally be presented at the 2022 Continuum of Care Meeting on March 24.
For more information about the Homeless Solutionary Award and its honorees, please visit https://www.mcohio.org/departments/human_services_planning_and_development/homeless_solutions/homeless_solutionary_awards.php.