The Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) and the State of Ohio have announced that FEMA is extending the registration period for survivors of the Memorial Day weekend storms to give you extra time to apply for disaster grants. The new registration deadline is September 3.
The U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) also is extending its registration deadline to September 3 to give you an opportunity to apply for low-interest disaster loans to repair your home or business if you have been referred by FEMA.
Ohio residents of the eleven disaster-designated counties – Montgomery, Greene, Mercer, Miami, Perry, Muskingum, Pickaway, Mahoning, Auglaize, Hocking and Darke – may be eligible for federal assistance if they suffered damage during the disaster.
Registration for FEMA is easy:
• Go online to www.disasterassistance.gov/.
• Call the FEMA Helpline at 800-621-3362. Phone lines are open from 7 a.m. to 10 p.m., local time, seven days a week until further notice. Multilingual operators are available.
• Use the FEMA disaster app on your smartphone. Download it from
For information about SBA loans:
• Call SBA’s Disaster Assistance Customer Service Center at 800-659-2955. The deaf or hard of hearing may call 800-877-8339.
• Go online to www.sba.gov/disaster.
• Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For information on the Memorial Day weekend disaster and on disaster preparedness, visit https://ema.ohio.gov.