The Crime Laboratory will provide, when appropriate, an opportunity for advanced college students ( have completed their junior year of a four year degree program) who are majoring in forensic science or a natural science and have a GPA of 2.8 or above, to perform an internship at the laboratory.
The internship will not be a pure apprenticeship whereby the student learns by hands-on practice and observing techniques. Instead, a portion of the allotted time will be spent rotating throughout the laboratory observing the various disciplines, and the remaining time will be spent on a research project. The project should be one that both the laboratory and student will find beneficial.
The interested student shall submit an application and resume to the Crime Laboratory, with sponsorship through an accepted academic program. The Internship Coordinator, for the laboratory, shall choose the intern from the submitted application, submitted resume, submitted transcript and a brief interview.
- Student is responsible for all food, lodging and transportation.
- Student is not graded by the laboratory.
- No money compensation is given.
- Student must be willing to submit to a urine drug screen prior to beginning internship.
- The intern must read and abide by the guidelines in the Safety Manual.
- Student is responsible for providing the laboratory with a copy of his final report submitted to sponsoring faculty member.
For more information contact:
Kialee Bowles at 937-225-6022 or mailto:BowlesK@mcohio.org