Safety Tips When at the Pump
- Keep fire away from gas! Do not smoke, light matches, or use lighters while refueling.
- Do not re-enter your vehicle during refueling. If you cannot avoid re-entering your vehicle, discharge any static build-up BEFORE reaching for the nozzle by touching something metal with a bare hand-such as the vehicle door-away from the nozzle.
- Place container on the ground. To avoid a possible static electricity ignition of fuel vapors, never fill containers inside a vehicle or its trunk, the bed of a pickup truck or the floor of a trailer.
- If a fire occurs, leave the nozzle in the fill pipe and back away from the vehicle. Notify the station attendant immediately.
- Use only an approved container when dispensing gasoline. Make sure the container cap can be sealed tightly.