Judge David Brannon, Montgomery County Probate Court
Judge David Brannon is a graduate from Miami University (2002) and the University of Dayton School of Law (2005). While obtaining a Juris Doctorate, he served on the law school’s Law Review as a staff writer and editor. After graduating and working at Brannon & Associates for nearly 15 years with his father and brother, he acquired the distinct approach of combining multiple disciplines of law, while building the foundation for his probate and estate planning practice. He was elected Montgomery County Probate Court Judge in November of 2020, with his term beginning February 9, 2021.
Judge Brannon maintains the following licenses in Ohio and Federal courts, agencies, and organizations:
- Ohio State Bar Association Certified Specialist in Estate Planning, Trust & Probate Law (2015-2020);
- United States Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of Ohio (2010);
- United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit (2009);
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Ohio (2005);
- Ohio Bar (2005);
- Ohio Dept. of Insurance Accident & Health and Life Major Lines of Insurance (now inactive).
Community Involvement and Affiliations:
- Ohio State Bar Association, Member (2006-present);
- Dayton Bar Association, Member (2006-present);
- University of Dayton School of Law Alumni Association, Secretary; Trustee (2007-present);
- Delta Chi Alumni Board of Trustees and Housing Corporation, Legal Advisor (2011-present);
- Co-chair of the Dayton Bar Association Estate Planning, Trust, and Probate Comm. (2013-2020).