The Court requires Petitioner(s) be statutorily married one (1) year before the finalization of a legal placement or adoption.
Criteria for Legal Placements
- Certified copy of child's birth certificate
- Certified copy of death certificate of spouse(s) or natural parent(s)
- Certified copies of divorce decrees of both Petitioner(s)
- Certified marriage certificate of Petitioner(s)
- Other Requirements
- If the parent(s) is/are minors, the application must be submitted by them and a next of friend
- If the case involves a putative father of a child born in Ohio after January 1, 1997, the Court requires a Putative Father Certification (if applicable).
- Petitioner(s) must be available for a home interview by the assigned
- caseworker prior to the date of hearing
- Everyone in the household 18 years of age or older must have a criminal background check. Please contact the Court for costs.
- All forms and requirements must be presented prior to the initiation of an adoption case
- Affidavit of relationship/lineage
- The Home Study will be completed by an outside agency approved by the Court. Fees for the Home Study will be paid directly to the assessing agency by the Applicant(s)/Petitioner(s).