Request email notification when page changes E-Notify
Am I Registered to Vote? Where do I vote? Vote Absentee Update Your Voting Address Candidates, Issues and Campaign Finance

The Board of Elections has the duty to notify candidates of finance report filing deadlines, receive campaign finance reports and audit campaign finance reports. The board maintains public record files for campaign finances for six (6) years, after which time the records are properly disposed.

View Filed Campaign Finance Reports

Secretary of State Election Calendar 2020

Secretary of State Election Calendar 2019

Candidate Requirement Guide 2019
Campaign Finance Deadlines 2019

Campaign Finance Presentation Video

 Frequently Asked Questions

Q: What is a Candidate Committee?

A: A Candidate Committee is formed when a person seeking public office receives or expends, or has agreed to let another receive or expend, monies in regards to that candidacy. Personal monies and candidacy monies are not to be co-mingled. A current Designation of Treasurer form must be filed with the board.

Q: What is a Political Party Committee?

A:  A political party is an organization whose candidates received five-percent or more of the vote for governor and lieutenant governor or nominees for presidential elector at last election. A new political party may be created by petition process, but its candidates must meet the five-percent requirement at the next election for governor or president to retain political party status.

Q:  What is a Political Action Committee (PAC)?

A:  Two or more persons who receive or spend items or money in an attempt to influence the outcome of an election. It does not include candidates' committees, legislative campaign funds or political parties. Clubs, associations and parent/teacher organizations can be political action committees if:

One of the main reasons for the groups existence is related to supporting or opposing candidates or ballot issues.  PAC's often engages in political activity.

Funds were specifically raised for political activity. [R.C. 3517.01(B)(8)].

Q:  What is a Political Contributing Entity (PCE)?

A:  A corporation or labor organization that may lawfully make contributions and expenditures. Currently, only labor organizations may make contributions and expenditures in accordance with the decision in UAW et al. Philomena, et al. (1998) Case No. 97AP-E-01-69 (10th district). Corporations may not currently be PCE's.

Q:  What is a Political Club?

A:  The club is formed primarily for social purposes, has 100 or fewer members, has officers, holds periodic meetings, maintains less than $2,500.00 in it's treasury at all times and makes no more than $1,000.00 in total contributions per calendar year.  All of these conditions must be met to qualify for a political club. 

If you have any questions regarding any of the information contained on this page call the Campaign Finance Department at (937) 225-5669 or email us at