Request email notification when page changes E-Notify
Am I Registered to Vote? Where do I vote? Vote Absentee Update Your Voting Address Candidates, Issues and Campaign Finance


Generally, all U.S. citizens 18 years or older who are or will be residing outside the United States during an election period are eligible to vote absentee.

Residents of Ohio temporarily residing outside the U.S. may vote for local, State and Federal offices.

An application form, written request or Federal Postcard Application (FPCA) may be used. All requests must contain the following information:

  • Your name and Montgomery County voting residence.
  • A statement that you are either an Ohio resident temporarily residing overseas or an Ohio resident living overseas entitled to vote for Federal office.
  • The election for which a ballot is requested.
  • If the election is a primary, indicate your party choice, or an issues-only ballot. (Under Ohio Election Law, the ballot you vote in a Primary Election determines your party affiliation)
  • The mailing address where you want your ballot sent.
  • Date of birth.
  • Social security number.
  • Other identification form number (driver's license #, passport #, or State Department #). 
  • Signature of the person requesting the ballot.

For further information on overseas citizens absentee voting contact the Federal Voting Assistance Program.