If you know that you will have difficulty paying your water bill, please contact Customer Service at (937) 781-2688, Monday-Friday, 8AM-5PM. One of our customer service professionals will be happy to help you set up a payment plan. Here are a few other things to keep in mind when setting up a payment plan:
- You must call before the due date to set up a payment plan.
- When you call to set up a payment plan, the customer service representative will break the payment up into three equal installments. You will be required to pay the first installment when you call to set up your payment plan.
- After the payment plan is established, it is up to the customer to ensure that he/she pays the installments on time. Montgomery County Environmental Services is unable to send out special reminders to people who have created elective payment plans, so customers are ultimately responsible for adhering to the payment plan.
- If a payment is missed, the full balance left on the account will then be due. The account may also become eligible for late fees and water service disconnection. If you are a tenant, the property owner must also approve the payment plan.
Local Community Assistance
The following local community organizations may also offer assistance, including paying utility bills, in limited circumstances:
Community Action Partnership: (866)504-7379
- Montgomery County Job and Family Services: (937) 496-6720
- United Way of Greater Dayton HELPLINK: (937) 225-3000
- Montgomery County Veteran’s Services: (937) 225-4801
- St. Vincent de Paul: Call the local Catholic Church in your area and leave a message that includes your name, address, phone number, and the best time to return your call. A St. Vincent de Paul volunteer will return your call, usually within 24-48 hours, and you can discuss your needs in detail. If you are unable to find a church in your area, call the St. Vincent de Paul Administration Office at (937) 222-7349 for assistance.