Request email notification when page changes E-Notify

libertyA full range of benefit and information services are provided for eligible veterans, their surviving spouses, and dependent children or parents through veterans' service officers and accredited veterans organizations.

Services include submission of claims to the Department of Veterans Affairs including preparation of forms and documentation of claims and pertinent data, filing to obtain Home Loan Certificates, filing to obtain discharge papers (DD-214), and obtaining medals. In filing claims for benefits, compensation, or pension from the VA, the Veterans Service Officers are certified by the VA, State of Ohio, Department of Veterans Services, and sponsoring veterans' organizations.

The required documentation to file a claim for compensation or pension benefits includes but is not limited to: 

  • Military discharge papers (DD-214 or equivalent) for all military service;
  • Marriage certificate, divorce decree, notarized statement of separation, information on any previous marriages for both veteran and spouse of veteran including divorce decree and/or death certificate;
  • Veterans or spouse's death certificate if applicable;
  • Social security numbers for veteran, spouse and dependent children;
  • Any current correspondence from the VA; Power of Attorney, Guardianship/Payee, or custody papers. 
  • For pension claims, income and asset information is required. 
  • Proof must be provided for all gross monthly income, social security, pension, interest income or income of any kind. 
  • Proof must be provided of all current assets, including IRAs, Certificates of Deposit, rental properties or assets of any kind.  Most recent bank statements, including bank account/routing numbers must be provided).