Request email notification when page changes E-Notify

Disability Compensation is a tax free monetary benefit paid to Veterans with disabilities that are the result of a disease or injury incurred or aggravated during active military service. Compensation may also be paid for post-service disabilities that are considered related or secondary to disabilities occurring in service and for disabilities presumed to be related to circumstances of military service, even though they may arise after service. Generally, the degrees of disability specified are also designed to compensate for considerable loss of working time from exacerbations or illnesses.

You may be eligible for compensation for disability if:

  • Injury or disease occurring or aggravated during service
  • Current medical evidence of condition
  • Documentation OR corroborating evidence that injury or disease is connected to service.
  • Honorable character discharge
  • MUST be a chronic condition 

Types of Compensation:

  • Direct
  • Secondary
  • Aggravation
  • Presumption
  • 1151 Claim

Compensation examples include:

  • Dioxin (Agent Orange)
  • Radiation
  • Gulf War Syndrome
  • Prisoner of War
  • Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
  • Camp Lejeune Water

Other Compensation Examples

  • Auto Grant and Adaptive Assistance
  • Military Exchange and Commissary Privileges

Service Connected Claim Checklist:

  • Original or certified copy of DD214
  • Copy of Service Treatment records if you have them
  • Copy of any private treatment records for the diagnosed conditions you are claiming
  • Make a list of all diagnosed medical conditions you wish to claim
  • IF married, copy of current marriage certificate
  • IF you have children under 18, copies of birth certificates and Social Security numbers
  • IF you have children 18-23 enrolled as full time college student, SEE Item 6
  • For college age children, name of College, address and course of study
  • If children do not reside with you, name and address of custodian of minor children
  • IF either you or current spouse married previously, divorce decrees or death cert of previous marriages
  • VOIDED check for direct deposit
PLEASE SCHEDULE APPOINTMENT WITH OUR OFFICE AT 937-225-4801, This list is not all inclusive, other documents may be needed