Procedures for Scheduling Transportation
In order to use the Montgomery County Veterans Service Commission transportation service you must complete the following steps:
- Submit a copy of your DD-214 or Discharge to the Montgomery County Veterans Office. If you have been to the office previously, please verify that we have a copy of this document on file. You only need to submit this once.
- You must be a resident of Montgomery County.
- Submit verification of a VA medical appointment at the Dayton VAMC. This needs to be done for every appointment you are requesting transportation for.
- Return a signed copy of the Transportation Agreement.
Once these steps have been completed you may call the office at 937-225-4801 to schedule the appointment. You must call to schedule your ride no later than 10 business days prior to the actual appointment. Transportation is provided as bus passes on RTA or paratransit passes (you must have an approved RTA paratransit application).
- The Montgomery County Veterans Service Commission transportation service is for veterans with verified medical appointments at the Dayton OH VAMC and who do not have access to other means of transportation to their appointment.
- Veterans who are eligible for Beneficiary Travel from the Department of Veterans Affairs, under normal circumstances, are not eligible for travel from the Montgomery County VSC.
- We will not transport spouses, children, aides, or other individuals. Only certified service animals may accompany riders. An exception to this would be if it is clinically determined by a VA medical provider that, due to the Veterans mental or physical condition, an attendant is required when transporting the Veteran. The Montgomery County VSC would need documentation from the medical provider stating this need.
- The veteran being transported must be ambulatory. The Montgomery County VSC will not provide special mode transportation (ambulance, wheelchair van, etc.).
- The service will not transport veterans to walk-in appointments, support groups, or emergency appointments. Additionally the service will only transport veterans to the Dayton OH, VAMC facility.