1. What if I can’t locate my DD214? Do you have an E-benefits account? You may be able to access it there. Second, if you discharged after Oct. 1, 2004 with the Air Force, Army Oct. 1, 2002, Marine Corps Jan. 1, 1999, Navy Jan.1 1995, we may through the MCVSC office be able to access it through what is called Defense Personnel Records Information System WITH a signed authorization by you. SEE AUTHORIZATION FORM ON WEBSITE, Print and fill out all information on form to include your signature and address. You can also go to NATIONAL PERSONNEL RECORDS CENTER website and Look for Natural Disaster Request Submission Instructions to send for your DD214.
2. Is my spouse/partner/roommate/significant other eligible for this one time assistance? This one time assistance due to job displacement from the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) is limited to the Veteran losing their source of income.
3. What if I worked for a friend or family and was paid in cash or under the table and was let go because of lack of business and I am unable to provide paystubs? This one time assistance is for the veterans who can prove their income source and you must have 30 days of paystubs. Our office will phone verify with the employer in fact that the veteran meets criteria.
4. I’m paid through direct deposit are bank statements proof of income? Again, the veteran must have 30 days of paystubs to prove employer and past wages. A bank statement will only show NET INCOME which will not qualify.
5. How many times can I get this assistance? This is a onetime payment for this current situation our Veteran workers are experiencing due to job loss/layoff/work closures.
6. What if I have not lived in Montgomery County OHIO 90 days? The Veteran must have lived in Montgomery County OHIO for at least 90 days. At present time Montgomery County is the only county doing this One Time Assistance, however each county in Ohio has their own Emergency Financial Assistance Program. Contact your county you reside in for future questions you may have.
7. What if I need HELP right now? Even with our assistance it can take some time to process your payment. If you need help with now, please dial 211 from your phone for UNITED WAY and they can direct you to the nearest source for help.
8. I am experiencing anxiety due to the experience of this situation and my loss of income, is their help for that? Please call The Disaster Distress Helpline at 1-800-985-5990, or connect with a trained counselor through the Ohio Crisis Text Line- text “4HOPE” to 741 741, or call to Ohio MHAS help line at 1-877-275-6364.
9. I did not make it past my basic training or I did not make it past my secondary schooling, I did not serve on Active Duty? A member of the Armed Forces of the United States who while serving on active duty for training incurred a disability recognized by the Department of Veteran Affairs or Department of Defense as service Connected is eligible. Documentation should be provided by you in your application for this assistance.
10. Is your office part of the Department of Veteran Affairs also known as “the VA”? Our office is NOT part of the VA we are a County Agency serving Montgomery County Ohio Veteran residents and their legal dependents. All of our services are FREE.
11. My spouse IS also a Veteran, can we both apply? If you both are qualifying Veterans who in fact have both lost work due to the virus then that answer is YES. BUT both must do an application packet and each will be determined on their own merit.
12. IF I place Originals to include my ID card in my packet for drop off will you return them to me? WE ONLY want copies of any and all items you are dropping off. THERE IS NO FACE TO FACE IN PERSON APPLICATIONS BEING TAKEN DUE TO THE VIRUS.
13. Can I use my Montgomery County OH Veteran ID card instead of the required OHIO Driver’s License/ID Card? We are requiring the Official OHIO Driver’s license/OHIO ID.
14. If I just applied/received Unemployment Benefits am I still eligible for this assistance? Yes you are eligible.
15. Is this the same application I would use to get help with my Rent/Mortgage/Utilities and food? No, this is a separate one time assistance due to the COVID-19 and loss of wages due to it.
16. What are the hours to bring my packet in? These packets can be dropped off from 8:00 am to 10 pm. THERE WILL BE NO FACE TO FACE APPOINTMENTS OR WALK INS, PLEASE PLACE ALL APPLICATION MATERIALS IN THE PROVIDED ENVELOPE AND PLACE THROUGH MAIL SLOT. OUR IS CLOSED TO OUTSIDE PUBLIC HOWEVER STAFF IS INSIDE TAKING PHONE CALLS.
17. How long will this take for these monies to be processed? It will take approximately 10-15 working days to process ONCE all documentation is received. THE MORE THROUGH YOUR PAPERWORK IS THE FASTER IT IS PROCESSED.
18. If you have any other questions that are unanswered please contact our office at 937-225-4801 or access our website at WWW.MCVSC.ORG . You can also email your entire packet to email@example.com