Make a lasting impression by adopting an area needing attention. Volunteer groups can have their name on signs posted in the adopted area to recognize their regular efforts in keeping their neighborhood clean.
- KMCB Adopt an Area program is designed to ensure that major corridors and main neighborhood arteries of our cities remain litter-free.
- Groups, businesses, churches, schools, families or individuals may adopt an area.
- Groups adopting a portion of a major corridor commit to cleaning the artery at least 3 times per year.
- KMCB supplies groups with trash bags, gloves, and tools (on loan) to assist cleaning efforts at no cost.
- After the second cleanup, KMCB will work with the local municipality to install an Adopt-An-Area sign acknowledging the group adopting the area.
Benefits of Adoption
- Adopting an area promotes a cleaner, more livable neighborhood and gives YOU an active role!
- You give your group positive attention for the valuable volunteer service you perform!
- You help Keep Montgomery County Beautiful by volunteering to clean up!
- Last year, more than 5,500 volunteers donated more than 25,000 hours of their time for cleanups and beautification projects. In Montgomery County.
Here's how to get started:
1. Choose an area in Montgomery County that you would like to adopt. (State routes are excluded.) Choose between one and four miles for streets and roads. We recommend that you adopt one mile for every 10 participants. We can help you find an area if needed.
2. Complete the application.
4. Clean your approved area at least three times each year
If you are interested in adopting a portion of a state route or highway, visit the Ohio Department of Transportation at www.dot.state.oh.us and click on Adopt-A-Highway.
If you are interested in adopting a roadway in the City of Trotwood, visit the City of Trotwood's Adopt-A-Roadway program.
HELP END LITTERING IN MONTGOMERY COUNTY, ADOPT AN AREA
Keep Montgomery County Beautiful. Become a KMCB Adopt an Area Partner today.