Environmental Calendar Contest
Environmental Calendar Contest Sponsors
Celebrate Earth Day
Green School Initiative
Recycled Sculpture Contest
Montgomery County Environmental Services (MCES) sponsors an annual Environmental Calendar Contest. The contest is open to all Montgomery County K-12 students. Students are asked to create an original piece of art that supports a water, recycling and/or litter theme.
- The contest is open to Montgomery County students in grades K-12. Please Note: Student(s) may enter the environmental calendar contest individually. Student(s) entering the contest without a designated school ARE eligible for non-monetary prizes.
- One entry per student may be submitted.
- Entries must be one dimensional, flat, and horizontal in layout.
- Entry form must be taped to the back of the artwork.
- Entries must be postmarked by September 30, 2019.
- Winners will be notified by October 21, 2019.
- Mail Entries to:
Attn: Environmental Calendar Contest
2500 Sandridge Drive, Moraine, Ohio 45439
- Entries will be judged against all other entries in the same division.
- Volunteers will judge art entries.
- MCES staff will judge calendar cover entry.
- Art entries must be based on one of the 2020 environmental themes.
- No computer generated or trademarked character artwork.
- All entries become the property of Montgomery County and may be reproduced.
2020 Environmental Calendar Contest Sponsors
Montgomery County sponsors an annual Environmental Calendar Contest for Montgomery County students. This is a great project in which students are encouraged to submit drawings with water and recycling/litter messages. Environmental tips and educational messages are sprinkled throughout the calendar in an effort to further environmental awareness throughout the community. Last year over 3,000 calendars were distributed. The winning artwork for the 2019 calendar can be found at www.mcswd.org.
Over the past sixteen years this contest has grown in popularity! The calendar received the National Association of Counties Achievement Award and the City and County Communications Award for the best publication.
We are pleased to invite your organization to become one of our sponsors; by partnering together we will foster and promote environmental awareness in our community. Along with operating and printing costs, your generous donation will go directly to Montgomery County schools and the awards for students. We ask that you examine the attached Sponsorship Package and consider one of the available options. After you have taken into account which sponsorship option will be suitable for your organization, please complete and return the Sponsorship Commitment Form by August 15, 2019.
If your company is interested in being our official event sponsor, please reach out to us at 937-781-3065 or email@example.com We can’t wait to hear back!
When: Monday, April 22, 2019 and Tuesday, April 23, 2019 from 9:30 a.m.-11:30 a.m. Call 781-3065 to reserve a time slot.
What: This two day celebration to inspire awareness and appreciation for the natural environment. Tour the Environmental Learning Center to learn about waste reduction and sustainability. The UD RiverMobile will educate students about local water sources. The Boonshoft Museum will introduce students to forms of reusable energy and nature's natural recycler.
View all details
application. In addition to the activities listed, a school may design and implement “other” activities in each category to qualify toward a Green School designation.
You can take your school’s green efforts to the next level by registering for Dayton Regional Green's Bring Your Green Challenge.
Schools that earn the Montgomery County Green School designation will enjoy benefits such as:
- Environmental learning opportunities for the school and community
- A Montgomery County Green School Flag to display at their school (provided by Montgomery County)
- $250 for Green Initiatives at the school (initial award, and at time of renewals)
- Green School designation for three (3) years, with renewal required to maintain designation
- Financial support in starting or upgrading a recycling program for the entire school district
- Receive five (5) bonus points when applying for the Montgomery County Solid Waste District Buy Recycled Grant
Fill out the Green School application here. Submit completed application (hard copy or e-mail) to Montgomery County Environmental Services:
Montgomery County Solid Waste District
Attn: Green School
2550 Sandridge Drive
Moraine OH 45439
Please contact Lorelei Hagans, Education Program Specialist, at HagansL@mcohio.org or +1 (937) 781-3065 with any questions regarding the Montgomery County Green School program.