application. In addition to the activities listed, a school may design and implement “other” activities in each category to qualify toward a Green School designation.
You can take your school’s green efforts to the next level by registering for Dayton Regional Green's Bring Your Green Challenge.
Schools that earn the Montgomery County Green School designation will enjoy benefits such as:
- Environmental learning opportunities for the school and community
- A Montgomery County Green School Flag to display at their school (provided by Montgomery County)
- $250 for Green Initiatives at the school (initial award, and at time of renewals)
- Green School designation for three (3) years, with renewal required to maintain designation
- Financial support in starting or upgrading a recycling program for the entire school district
- Receive five (5) bonus points when applying for the Montgomery County Solid Waste District Buy Recycled Grant
Fill out the Green School application here. Submit completed application (hard copy or e-mail) to Montgomery County Environmental Services:
Montgomery County Solid Waste District
Attn: Green School
2550 Sandridge Drive
Moraine OH 45439
Please contact Lorelei Hagans, Education Program Specialist, at HagansL@mcohio.org or +1 (937) 781-3065 with any questions regarding the Montgomery County Green School program.
2018 Recycled Sculpture Contest
To increase awareness of recyclable materials, the Montgomery County Solid Waste District sponsors a contest where students use recyclable material to create an abstract or realist sculpture. The contest is open to schools located in Montgomery County, grades K-12. Sculptures may be submitted by individuals or teams of two to four students (one entry per student). Winners will be recognized and receive special awards at a reception in May.
Recycled Sculpture Contest Registration
2018 Sculpture Survey
Completed for 2018. Check back later for 2019 registration.
The contest is open to all Montgomery County K-12 students. Winners will see their artwork and poems published in the annual Environmental Services Calendar, win special prizes and be recognized at a special awards reception.
View 2018/2019 Winners
View 2017/2018 Winners
View 2016/2017 Winners
View 2015/2016 Winners