Long-Term Care Services Offer Options for those who can’t care for themselves
Nursing Home and Institutional Care
The best solution for someone with severe disability or fragile medical state may be a nursing facility. They provide care for individuals who cannot care for themselves at home, and nursing homes also can assist with activities of daily living.
For faster processing of a nursing home application in Montgomery County, please submit your application through the nursing home.
Home and Community-Based Waiver Services
Home and community-based waivers are programs of in-home and community care that help Ohio Medicaid consumers remain at home instead of being in a nursing home, hospital or facility for people with developmental disabilities.
States must apply for "waivers" from the federal government in order for Medicaid to provide home and community-based services. Waivers allow qualifying individuals to have more control of their lives and remain active in their community.
- Click here for details on the different kinds of waiver services
- Click here for an application for Aged, Blind or Disabled Medicaid
- Click here for an application for Medicaid Waiver
Complete & submit the appropriate application. After you submit your application, the following will happen:
- We’ll mail you an appointment letter with a list of needed verifications
- A Medicaid eligibility specialist will conduct an interview
- The eligibility specialist will inform you of Medicaid rules and regulations
Additional Information for Both Waiver and Nursing Home Medicaid
The Ohio Long-Term Care Consumer Guide can help families find an appropriate facility, based on specific care needs. Find out more about nursing home care or home-based care on the Ohio Department of Medicaid website.