Child Care Assistance

Request email notification when page changes E-Notify

Family Assistance (C) logo

We Can Help You Find Safe, Affordable Child Care

Choosing child care services can be one of the toughest decisions for young parents. Is the provider trustworthy? Is it affordable, and is it a safe environment?

It’s important to find a good place to care for your children while you are at work or school. Montgomery County Job and Family Services is ready to assist you with this significant task so you can focus on becoming self-sufficient. We can help you find a star-rated child care center in your area. We can also assist eligible families by paying part of the cost, whether you choose a child care center or a licensed home provider.

Detailed information can be found in our Frequently Asked Questions document.

Our Services

  • Child care provider referrals
  • Facilitate licensing of home providers
  • Financial help for eligible parents or caregivers

Parents or caregivers who are working or going to school may qualify for child care payments to cover part of the cost if they meet income guidelines. You must make no more than 130% of the Federal Poverty Level when you first apply.  You only need to re-apply once a year, and you may continue to be eligible for subsidized child care until your income exceeds 300% of the Federal Poverty Level.

This chart shows 130% and 300% (gross income, not take-home) of Federal Poverty Level:

Family Size

Maximum Gross Monthly Income
At 130% of Federal Poverty Level

300% of Federal Poverty Level

























Documentation Needed

  • Income verification for last 30 days and/or employer letter
  • Driver’s license or state ID*
  • Verification of school attendance (if appropriate)
  • Copies of children’s birth certificates and Social Security cards *

*If you are receiving Ohio Works First cash assistance, there is no need for these verifications.

Apply online at You can also print an application from this link.  If you need to report a change, you can print the Child Care change report form from this link.  

Applications and change report forms can be mailed to P.O Box 972 Dayton, Ohio 45422, faxed to (937)225-6465 , submitted via email to or you can submit in person through our drop box in front of the Family Assistance entrance to The Job Center, 1111 Edwin Moses Blvd., Dayton.

Due to COVID-19, Family Assistance is only open for forms access and special circumstance appointments. For more information, call (937) 496-7759.

Click on the icon below to chat live with a Child Care representative.
Representatives are available
Tuesdays and Thursdays
10 a.m. – 12 p.m. 

InContact - Chat with a Child Care Representative