Homelessness is a moral and ethical challenge for our community. The toll that homelessness exacts on all of the people who experience it, especially children and teens, coupled with the negative impacts on neighborhood revitalization and economic development, is too great. The cost – in human and economic terms – is staggering.
The Homeless Solutions Leadership Team has developed its recommendations based on the following findings:
• Homelessness and poverty are inextricably connected.
• The role of housing in ending homelessness cannot be overstated.
• The solution to homelessness is bigger than the network of homeless providers.
• Homelessness affects our entire community and is not just a City of Dayton issue.
Changing the community conversation about homelessness will require educating and engaging the community about:
1) the realities that homeless adults, children and teens face on a daily basis; and
2) the importance of jointly constructing a roadmap that eliminates barriers and ensures better outcomes for all persons who are homeless in our community.
Annual Report Archive:2019 2018 2017 2016 2015 2014 2012 2011 2010 2009 2008 2007