Designed in the mid-1980s for children with serious emotional disturbances, the System of Care (SOC) approach has demonstrated effectiveness in improving individual outcomes including, but not limited to the following: decreased behavioral concerns, improved academic performance, and decreased contacts with the juvenile justice system.
Parents who have received these services have also reported increased satisfaction with treatment and decreased levels of family stress. In addition, this model of integrated programming has demonstrated decreased use of out of home placement and reduced rates of re-institutionalization. For more information visit http://fcf.ohio.gov/Initiatives/SystemofCare(FCSS).aspx
The Ohio Family and Children First (OFCF) Cabinet Council is committed to continuing the efforts to improve programs, services, and supports for children with multiple systemic issues. This commitment is shown through the continuation of the Family-Centered Services and Supports (FCSS) initiative. The purpose is to maintain children and youth in their own homes through the provision of non-clinical, community-based services. Families who have children with multiple systemic needs identified through the county Family and Children First Council (FCFC) service coordination process are eligible for FCSS funded services and supports.
Family Centered Services and Supports funding can only be utilized for cases that have been approved under Montgomery County Family and Children First’s State-approved Service Coordination Mechanism. Montgomery County’s Service Coordination Mechanism is a comprehensive document detailing the process of coordinated services. For the complete document click here.
Family-Centered Services Support Forms
- Service Coordination Referral Form (Attachment B)
- Family Team Meeting Invitation (Attachment C)
- Confidentiality Form (Attachment D)
- Release of Information (Attachment E)
- Parent's Rights (Attachment F)
- Multi-Agency Assessment Tool (Attachment G)
- Multi-Agency Service Plan (Attachment H )
- Approval Form (Attachment I)
- Modification Form (Attachment J)
- FCSS Invoice (Attachment K)
- FCSS Crisis Planning Worksheet (Attachment L)
- Disposition of Service Coordination (Attachment M)
- State FCSS guidance: http://fcf.ohio.gov/Initiatives/SystemofCare(FCSS).aspx
- State questions and answers document: http://fcf.ohio.gov/Portals/0/Home/Initiatives/System%20of%20Care%20(FCSS)/SFy14FCSSQA.pdf