When seconds count, Montgomery County residents can be fully informed and continuously updated. Our Emergency Management professionals are working to protect you and our entire community with the CodeRED emergency notification system.
With CodeRED, state and local agencies can deliver time-sensitive information that is targeted to specific areas of the county. You must register to receive alerts via email, voicemail and text notifications.
Click here and follow these directions to sign up for alerts:
- Use your Google, Facebook or Twitter credentials to create an account for a quick log-in process.
- Sign up with a managed account, using your email address as your username. This makes it easier to recover the account should you forget your password.
- Include multiple points of contact to ensure public safety officials will be able to reach you in an emergency.
- Opt-in to receive general notifications to receive community bulletins.
- Make sure you keep this information up to date, especially if you move.
You can also download the mobile alert app and register through the app. This allows you to get information based on the location of your mobile device rather than your physical address. This app allows our public safety officials to reach you directly on your mobile phone by push notifications. The app is available for free on the Google Play or Apple Store. Through this app you can customize the type of alerts you’d like to receive, alert radius, sounds and more!