The Animal Resource Center is committed to placing our adoptable pets into loving, lasting, and responsible homes.
We will assist and work with our adopters, recognizing that not all adoptions will be successful. We are here to provide any help in the hopes that we can make each adoption a lasting success.
- View our available dogs and cats below, or at our page on PetHarbor. For a better mobile experience, download the PetHarbor app in the Google Play Store or the Apple App Store.
- Meet with our pets with the assistance of a staff member
Be sure to ask lots of questions. Our adoption counselors are here to make sure you and your new pet are a good match before you take a dog or cat home.
- After you select your new furry family member, you'll complete our Adopter Survey and review and sign the Pet Adoption Agreement.
- PLUS: After-adoption assistance with training and behavior issues for dogs.
Cats - $10
Dogs - $20 (includes license)
Please stop by the Animal Resource Center as we frequently run adoption specials
ALL ANIMALS ADOPTED ARE SPAYED OR NEUTERED BEFORE GOING HOME
Things to Know Before You Visit...
- Plan to come at least an hour or more before closing. It takes time select your new best friend and several minutes fill out the necessary paperwork and process an adoption.
- The shelter is generally very crowded between 4-6 pm on weekdays and 2-4 pm on Saturday's so please be patient as you may have to wait to see the dog you've chosen. Plan to come in early and allow a little extra time to fill out the necessary paperwork.
- Bring all family members along to meet the dog you are considering for adoption---this includes kids. Your new dog will be part of the family and we want to make sure it gets along well with everyone who lives in the household.
- Once you have decided on a dog, we will also ask you to bring in any existing dogs you have in the home to meet the new dog before finalizing your adoption. We have several "get acquainted areas" where the dogs can meet.
- Bring your wallet and a photo ID! We accept cash, checks, Visa or Mastercard.
- If you rent, bring along your landlord's phone number or a copy of your lease showing that dogs are permitted and any breed or weight restrictions.
- You can also download our adopter survey and fill it out before you come.
IT IS UNDERSTOOD AND I AGREE TO THE FOLLOWING:
- A veterinarian of my choice will examine my new pet within fifteen (15) days of the adoption date.
- I am financially responsible for any veterinary care and/or treatment expenses. The Animal Resource Center assumes no financial liability for any medical/care expenses I choose to incur.
- Return Policy: I may return my pet for any reason without customary release charges during the first 30 days. If the above cited agreements have been met, I may choose to have my monies refunded (an approx. 45 day process) or I may opt to select another pet within one year from the date of the return. THE ANIMAL RESOURCE CENTER RESERVES THE RIGHT TO ISSUE A MONETARY REFUND IN LIEU OF APPROVING ANOTHER ADOPTION.
In addition to all of the above, I, the undersigned do declare that I am aware: 1) that animals are different from human beings in their response to human actions; 2) that the actions of animals are often unpredictable; and 3) that Montgomery County makes no claims or representations as to the possession of this animal; and 4) I release and waive any right against Montgomery County which I may have now or in the future for any damages to person or property by this animal.
We invite you to attend our Adopters' Workshop as often as you want for as long as you want. The Workshop is held the 1st and 3rd Wednesdays of every month. Call us for details and to sign up (898-4457).
Animal Resource Center
6790 Webster St.
Dayton, Ohio 45414