For current Public Health updates, please visit:
OFFICE OF CARES ACT
As part of the CARES Act, Montgomery County has recevied $92 million from the U.S. Treasury. Our new Office of CARES Act will be distributing these funds over the next several months. We know there is a great need in our community right now, and we are developing several programs to distribute these funds they are needed most.
We will have 5 programs available to help different areas of our community:
- Small Business Assistance
- Housing and Rental Assistance
- Agriculture Assistance
- Healthcare Assistance
- Education Assistance
Right now these programs are still in development. Sign up for our email list to get the latest information as it becomes available at https://bit.ly/MCOhioCares.
SUPPORT AND SERVICES
Housing, Food, Basic Needs: Call United Way's HelpLink at 2-1-1 to get connected to local human services agencies and resources.
Fair Housing & Eviction Information: Visit Miami Valley Fair Housing at https://mvfairhousing.com/covid19/.
Senior Services: Contact Area Agency on Aging at 937-223-HELP (4357)
Unemployment Benefits: unemployment.ohio.gov or 1-877-644-6562 (TTY service: 1-614-387-8408)
Medicaid, Food Assistance, Temporary Cash Assistance: Visit https://ssp.benefits.ohio.gov/ or live chat with a caseworker between 2 and 4 p.m., Monday-Friday, by clicking on the InContact icon on the Family Assistance page.
Phone Applications: Medicaid, 8 a.m.-4 p.m., SNAP & Cash Assistance, 8 a.m.-Noon, call 1-844-640-6446.
For SNAP and Medicaid renewals:
- Medicaid renewal packs are once again being mailed for those with renewal dates in July of 2020. For details, click here
- If you were asked to recertify your information with an appointment in April or May of 2020, your benefits will automatically be extended for six months and there is no need to contact Montgomery County JFS.
- If your benefits expired effective March 31, 2020, because you didn’t complete your recertification appointment, your benefits will be reopened for six months.
- If your certification process was completed in March or earlier, your benefits, if they were approved, are extended for a year, as usual.
- Additional information about appointment delays and mandatory reporting requirements can be found here.
Report Child Abuse or Neglect: 937-224-KIDS (5437)
Child Support: jfs.ohio.gov or 937-225-4600 (10 AM - 4 PM, M-F). Child Support payments can be made at oh.smartchildsupport.com. If you are behind on child support payments, any COVID-19 stimulus payment could be subject to intercept to address your arrearage. The same is true for federal tax refunds, which can be reduced or eliminated due to child support debt.
Additional Family Assistance and Child Support resources are available at this link.
Please contact 1-937-225-4801 (M-F) or visit www.mcvsc.org for more information and/or to have an application sent to you.
MENTAL HEALTH SERVICES
The Miami Valley Warmline offers free confidential mental and behavioral health peer support services. Call 937-528-7777, Monday through Friday, 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. This line is set up by Montgomery County Alcohol, Drug Addiction and Mental Health Services (www.mcadamhs.org) and Goodwill Easter Seals Miami Valley (www.gesmv.org).
The Board of Alcohol, Drug Addiction, and Mental Health Services has a list available of mental health and coping resources in Montgomery County, Ohio. Click here to see the full list.
BusinessFirst! for a Greater Dayton Region, a collaborative economic development organization, has compiled several resources for local businesses, available here.
Small Business Administration Disaster Recovery Loans: Long-term, low-interest loans to help businesses recover are available at https://disasterloan.sba.gov/ela/
SBA Paycheck Protection Program: Fully forgivable loans to cover eight weeks of payroll - learn more and apply.