COVID-19 Public Assistance and Resources

Request email notification when page changes E-Notify
PHDMC vertical color logo new

For current Public Health updates, please visit: 



As part of the CARES Act, Montgomery County received $92 million from the U.S. Treasury. Our temporary Office of CARES Act handled distribution of these funds to small businesses, homeowners and renters, nonprofits, healthcare organizations, farmers, educational institutions, and childcare businesses. 

The funding for these grants has been depleted, and grant programs ended on either Oct. 30 or Nov. 13. The State of Ohio has announced a new program from the state's CARES Act funding that may be able to help anyone who wasn't able to get a local CARES Act grant. For more information, visit


Housing, Food, Basic Needs:
 Call United Way's HelpLink at 2-1-1 to get connected to local human services agencies and resources. 

Fair Housing & Eviction Information: Visit Miami Valley Fair Housing at

Senior Services: Contact Area Agency on Aging at 937-223-HELP (4357) 

Unemployment Benefits: or 1-877-644-6562 (TTY service: 1-614-387-8408)

Job Seekers: (937) 225-JOBS (5627)
View information on applying for unemployment and current job opportunities here.

Medicaid, Food Assistance, Temporary Cash Assistance: Visit or live chat with a caseworker between 2 and 4 p.m., Monday-Friday, by clicking on the InContact icon on the Family Assistance page.  

Phone Applications: Medicaid, 8 a.m.-4 p.m., SNAP & Cash Assistance, 8 a.m.-Noon, call 1-844-640-6446.

For SNAP and Medicaid renewals: 

  • Medicaid renewal packs are once again being mailed for those with renewal dates in July of 2020. For details, click here
  • If you were asked to recertify your information with an appointment in April or May of 2020, your benefits will automatically be extended for six months and there is no need to contact Montgomery County JFS.
  • If your benefits expired effective March 31, 2020, because you didn’t complete your recertification appointment, your benefits will be reopened for six months.
  • If your certification process was completed in March or earlier, your benefits, if they were approved, are extended for a year, as usual.
  • Additional information about appointment delays and mandatory reporting requirements can be found here.

Report Child Abuse or Neglect: 937-224-KIDS (5437) 

Child Support: or 937-225-4600 (10 AM - 4 PM, M-F). Child Support payments can be made at If you are behind on child support payments, any COVID-19 stimulus payment could be subject to intercept to address your arrearage. The same is true for federal tax refunds, which can be reduced or eliminated due to child support debt.

Additional Family Assistance and Child Support resources are available at 
this link.

Veteran's Services: The Montgomery County Veteran’s Service Commission has special COVID-19 financial relief assistance available. All Montgomery County veterans who have lost their source of income due to their employers having to close/reduce their business hours due to the COVID-19 pandemic may be eligible for assistance.

Please contact 1-937-225-4801 (M-F) or visit for more information and/or to have an application sent to you. 


The Miami Valley Warmline offers free confidential mental and behavioral health peer support services. Call 937-528-7777, Monday through Friday, 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. This line is set up by Montgomery County Alcohol, Drug Addiction and Mental Health Services ( and Goodwill Easter Seals Miami Valley (

The Board of Alcohol, Drug Addiction, and Mental Health Services has a list available of mental health and coping resources in Montgomery County, Ohio. Click here to see the full list.  


BusinessFirst! for a Greater Dayton Region, a collaborative economic development organization, has compiled several resources for local businesses, available here.

Small Business Administration Disaster Recovery Loans:
 Long-term, low-interest loans to help businesses recover are available at

SBA Paycheck Protection Program: The SBA stopped taking applications for the Paycheck Protection Program on Aug. 8, 2020. If you've applied and want to learn more about loan forgiveness, visit the SBA's website.