How do I appeal the value of my property?

You can file an appeal with the Auditor's Office Board of Revision. You can request the application be mailed to you by calling 937-496-6856. The application must be filed between January 2 and March 31. All complaints filed with the Board of Revision are investigated and formal hearings may be held to solicit testimony. It is the responsibility of the property owner to justify their complaint. The Board of Revision has the authority to increase or decrease property valuation.

Show All Answers

1. How do I change my tax mailing address?
2. Why am I being billed for last year's property taxes this year?
3. What is the charge to pay my taxes by credit/debit cards or electronic check?
4. How do I appeal the value of my property?
5. How do I find out how much I paid in real estate taxes so that I can itemize this expense on my Federal Income Tax filing?
6. I would like an explanation of how my tax dollars are being distributed. Could you explain this to me?
7. My property value decreased, but my taxes increased. Why is this?