How do I get a copy of my service discharge (DD214)?

If your service discharge (DD214) has been recorded in Montgomery County, you can search our website at Records Online Search.  Once you search the database by name and find the specific reference number, you may contact the Recorder's Office at 937-225-6381 and request a copy.  DD214 images are not viewable to the public.

Please keep in mind that Service Discharges are not required to be recorded in the County Recorder's Office.

If you do record your DD214, you can also request a complimentary Veteran ID card that will be available in the Recorder's Office.

There are no charges for copies of Service Discharges.

Show All Answers

1. How long does it take to get a document recorded?
2. What do I need to record a deed?
3. What is required to record a mortgage?
4. How do I change the name on a deed?
5. My mortgage has been released; will you send me a new deed?
6. Are there any liens on my property?
7. How do I find a current property owner?
8. How do I get a copy of my service discharge (DD214)?
9. How do I get a copy of birth and death records?
10. How do I get a copy of a divorce decree?
11. Where can I find the blue prints to my house?
12. How can I find the age of a house?
13. How did the Recorder's office get started?