How to establish a child support order? How to modify a child support order?

Make a Motions to Modify Child or Spousal Support:

  1. Any motion requesting a change of a child or spousal support order must state the reason for the change. The motion must state whether it is for an increase or decrease of support. All motions requesting modification shall be accompanied by an updated Affidavit of Financial Disclosure (PDF). The party seeking a modification shall provide, at hearing, documentation verifying his/her current earnings and his/her most recent federal tax return with W-2's, 1099's, and supporting schedules.
  2. The opposing party shall file a completed Affidavit of Financial Disclosure (PDF) prior to the hearing.
  3. The moving party shall file an Application for Child Support Service (PDF) pursuant to Mont. D.R. Rule 4.14(D) (PDF)unless one is already on file.

For information on establishing a support order, please see Establishing a Child Support Order Page .

Show All Answers

1. What types of cases are handled by the Domestic Relations Court?
2. Where is the court?
3. How can I find out my hearing date?
4. How much does it cost to file for a divorce?
5. How do I check on paperwork that I have submitted?
6. Who do I contact for help in choosing an attorney?
7. I do not have money for a lawyer. Can the Court appoint a lawyer for me?
8. May I represent myself?
9. How do I get a divorce? Where do I come to file a divorce?
10. How to check on the status of paperwork filed?
11. How can I file an annulment?
12. I can't come to court on this date. Can I get a new date?
13. What can I do if I do not agree with the Judge's or Magistrate's Decision?
14. How to establish a child support order? How to modify a child support order?
15. How can I get a transcript of a hearing?
16. What is the mandatory parenting class, and how do I sign up for it?
17. Can I settle my case without going to court?
18. When one party does not follow the court order, how can I enforce my child support and health care order?
19. What do I have to do if I change employment?
20. I am not receiving my child support check. Who do I call to find out the status of these payments?
21. If we have agreed that we do not want the Child Support Enforcement Agency to handle our child support. Can we agree that the payments be made directly between the two of us?
22. My ex-spouse is not letting me see the children. Do I have to continue to pay child support?
23. How can I receive temporary child support and/or spousal support?
24. How can I get a Civil Protection Order? Does it cost anything?
25. The other parent is withholding the child?
26. How to modify a parenting time schedule?
27. How do I change custody?
28. How do I get a legal separation? Where do I come to file a legal separation?
29. I can't come to court on this date, how do I get a new date?
30. How do I establish a child support order?
31. How can I receive an interim order for attorney fees?
32. How do I modify an existing child support order in Montgomery County?
33. How to modify a parenting time schedule?
34. How to change custody?