Can I object to a decision by another state?

An appeal may be possible if you do not agree with a decision issued by another state. You must notify the Child Support Enforcement Agency (CSEA) immediately because there are time limits for filing an appeal. The CSEA does not personally represent either party, so you may choose to get your own legal representation. If the CSEA considers the decision to be proper under the law, it will not appeal.

Show All Answers

1. How long does the process take?
2. Can I have my support order modified if there are other states involved?
3. How do I get my support order enforced if the other parent no longer lives in the state that issued the order?
4. Do I have to travel if I have been served to appear at a hearing in another state?
5. Can I object to a decision by another state?