Clerk of Commission
Clerk of Commission Functions
The Clerk of Commission provides the agenda of topics for the Board’s weekly meetings and is responsible for processing and keeping permanent records of all transactions taken by the Board of County Commissioners. All official papers, deeds, contracts and bids on construction work and major projects are received by the Clerk, who presents them to the Commissioners for official action.
- Directs the preparation of resolutions for the Commission
- Prepares the agenda for the Commission meetings and takes minutes of meetings
- Processes all official documents, deeds, and contracts for approval by the Board of County Commissioners
- Notifies press of meeting schedule and any changes thereto.
- Appears in court with all legal papers on annexations, sewer and water projects or any other matters requiring records from the Clerk’s Office
- Maintains records of important documents within the administration
- Provides assistance to county employees and to the public in researching records, documents, actions or resolutions
- Monitors changes to Ohio legislation pertaining to the Board of County Commissioners’ policies and procedures.
- Receives liquor license applications from the State of Ohio and coordinates with specified Townships and the Board of County Commissioners regarding their approval.
- Provides continual upgrades and enhancements to the Resolution Management System and digital workflow procedure.
- Maintains the database for all county boards and commissions and ensures proper public access to said database.
- Oversees scheduling process and maintains audio-visual equipment for multiple meeting rooms in the County Administration Building (Hearing Room, Room 1002, Auditorium, Commission Conference Rooms)
- Coordinates multi-county meetings/hearings, as needed.