Veteran ID Card Program
The Veteran Identification Card Program is an innovative new program to assist veterans in obtaining benefits. The program serves as a proactive safety net to ensure veterans securely record their DD-214 and obtain a valid form of state-issued identification that can be used to assist in obtaining healthcare benefits, burial benefits, specialized veteran loans, store discounts, and more.
- How much does the Veteran ID Cost?
The card is free of charge for all eligible veterans.
- How do I know if I am eligible for the Veteran ID Card?
You are eligible to receive a Veteran ID Card as long as your DD-214 identifies your discharge type as "honorable".
- What are the benefits of the Veteran ID Card?
- It replaces your pocket DD-214
- Serves as proof of honorable military discharge
- Serves as a valid form of state ID
- Free of charge
- All in one
- How do I receive a Veteran ID Card?
- Record your DD-214 in our office
- Bring 2 forms of ID (listed in pamphlet)
- Do you have to live in Montgomery County to receive a Veteran ID Card from your office?
No, as long as you record your DD-214 here, you can get an ID Card
- What if I have misplaced my DD-214?
You must call the Montgomery County Veteran Services Office at 937-225-4801 to set up an appointment to request a copy of your DD-214.
- Does the Veteran Identification Card expire?
Under Ohio law, the Veteran Identification Card is valid for 10 years from the date of its issuance