The State of Ohio requires that residential rental property owners register their rental properties with the County Auditor.
Types of Rental Property
- Real Property
- One or more dwelling units leased or rented solely for residential purposes
- A mobile home park or a site where lots are leased for parking mobile/manufactured homes/ RV's for residential purposes
This regulation does not pertain to hotels or college dorms.
- If you are an Individual owner or Sole Proprietor, please include your Full Name. If a Partnership, Corporation or Trust, please include the name of the entity as well as the name of a corporate officer.
- The State of Ohio requires that a contact agent must be designated for a corporation or other business entity. An out-of-state owner must also designate an in-state contact agent, per Ohio law.
- Please fill out information for each residential rental property owned in Montgomery County. The parcel ID number is available at the Montgomery County Real Estate Tax Information site under the Property Record Tab.
- Within 60 days of any change in this information, the owner of the residential property is required to update this information with the County Auditor's office.
This information is public record and failure to provide this information in a timely manner is a minor misdemeanor and may result in the assessment of a penalty of up to $150 against property that is subject to the violation. Please call 937-225-4314 for assistance.