JFS On The Move

JFS On the Move is Here!

JFS on the Move is Montgomery County Job and Family Services' mobile outreach unit. This multi-disciplinary team can quickly provide offsite services, including full case management for most benefits. We aim to remove barriers to access. If you need JFS' help, you don't need to come to us. Let us come to you!

Note: Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, JFS On the Move events are on hold until further notice.

JFS TeamMenu of Services

  • Food Assistance (SNAP)
  • Medical Assistance (Medicaid)
  • Cash Assistance
  • Child Care Assistance
  • Adult Protective Services
  • Non-Emergency Transportation
  • Long-Term Care Services
  • Establishing Paternity
  • Establishing Child Support
  • Modifying Child Support
  • Parenting Time Agreements
  • Co-Parenting Mediation
  • Free Parent Education Classes
  • License Reinstatement
  • Links to Employment Assistance
  • Case Questions

If you would like JFS on the Move to come to your event, please email us.

Supplemental Nutrition Assistance (SNAP)

Eligible families receive a debit card to purchase food at participating stores. Household income cannot exceed 130% of the Federal Poverty Level. Able-bodied adults may be asked to complete a work requirement.

JFS AssistanceMedical Assistance (Medicaid)

You may be eligible for medical assistance if any of the following apply: you are low-income, elderly, disabled, pregnant, or a child. Low income for Medicaid means at or below 138% of the Federal Poverty Level.

Cash Assistance

Pregnant women and low-income families with children may qualify for temporary assistance through Ohio Works First (OWF). Recipients can receive monthly payments for up to 36 months while pursuing self-sufficiency.

Child Care Assistance

JFS recognizes the importance of having quality childcare if you are working or in school. You can apply for assistance if you earn less than 130% of the federal poverty limit when you first apply. Call 937-496-7759 for more information. On the Move specialists are only able to answer general questions about this program.

Adult Protective Services (APS)

APS works to ensure the safety and well-being of citizens 60 and older. APS helps people remain in their homes by resolving dangerous conditions. Call 937-225-4906 anytime to report suspected abuse or neglect.

Paternity Establishment

You can establish paternity even if you don't want a support order. When a child is born outside of marriage, fathers do not automatically have rights until paternity is established. Legal paternity can be established up to age 23. Paternity has many benefits, including access to: Social Security benefits, pensions, inheritance, veteran's benefits, insurance and disability benefits, lottery winnings, citizenship, medical history and financial support.

Child Support

Anyone with legal custody can establish a support order, even if the other parent doesn't live in Ohio. Many orders are established administratively, which is faster and more informal than court. Every support order also addresses your child's health insurance needs.

Arrears Management

If you get behind in child support because of hardship or medical condition, contact the CSEA to discuss payment options. Our Early Intervention specialists can help you consider options such as arrears forgiveness, waivers, compromises, modifications, and family support programs to help you get back on track.

Modifying Support

Support orders can be reviewed every 36 months, or sooner if certain conditions are met. If you have experienced a change of circumstances, contact CSEA right away to apply for a review and adjustment of your order.

Contact Information

  • Apply Online for Food, Medical, Cash, and/or Child Care Assistance
  • Access your Child Support Case
  • Food Assistance (SNAP)
    • Call Center: 937-225-4148
    • Ohio Direction: 866-386-3071
  • Medical Assistance (Medicaid)
    • County Shared Services: 844-640-6446
    • Medicaid Hotline 800-324-8680
  • Cash Assistance
    • EPPICARD Hotline: 866-320-8822
    • Work Activity Line: 937-225-6310
  • Child Support Enforcement Agency
  • Children Services
    • 937-224-KIDS (5437)
  • Fraud Prevention (Investigation)
    • 937-225-6035
    • 866-635-3748