Senior Services Network
Senior Service Network Offers Support Services for Frail / Elderly Individuals
The Human Services Levy provides the funding for these senior services to help seniors live in their homes longer, more safely, and have a better quality of life. Self-neglect is a big problem among our Montgomery County seniors, and several Job and Family Services contracts address those needs within our Senior Services Network.
Senior Services Network provides services primarily to those below 200% of the Federal Poverty Level. Call Area Agency on Aging at 937-223-HELP to learn about the services below and other offerings.
- ComCare - A program that offers a variety of services for seniors who need supervision or limited assistance to remain independent at home.
- Catholic Social Services Senior Outreach - Visit socially isolated seniors and provide respite for caregivers who provide 24/7 care. They can catch movie, get groceries, nap or get general relief.
- Community Geriatric Nurse - Assessments provided for people age 60-plus. Give education, information, referrals, healthcare, other services that may help.
- Emergency Meal Delivery - 90 days or fewer of meals to provide for a short-term period after surgery, for example.
- Legal Aid of Western Ohio - Helps seniors with legal problems, tenant issues, financial exploitation, or those who need a guardianship or Power of Attorney.
- Alzheimer's Association - Education and support for caregivers and family members of a loved one with Alzheimer's disease. Understand progression, how to work with individuals with Alzheimer's, and alleviate the stress of caregiver.
- Rebuilding Together Dayton - Focused on home safety modifications (grab bars, hand rails, ramps) to help seniors stay in home longer and more safely.
- Senior Transportation Expansion Project - Helps provide transportation for medical visits, movies, visit loved ones, field trips. Improve health and quality of life.
- East / North Dayton Senior Outreach - Grassroots outreach and case management to make sure people are safe in their homes.
- Wesley Community Center - Transportation, develop case plans, make referrals, case management and home visits.
- Dakota Center Golden Agers - Designed to work with senior population, in Dayton and Montgomery County to focus on health and wellness, nutrition, education and social development.
- Life Essentials - Guardianship program for seniors deemed to be incompetent by Probate Court. Advocate and make decisions on a person's behalf.
- Goodwill / Easter Seals Adult Daycare Services - Safe, caring place for dependent adults to stay while caretakers go to work.
The Senior Services Network Office has quarterly meetings with our providers who provide updates, network to improve services, and have educational sessions on issues facing seniors and those contracted agencies serving seniors. These include such things as: bed bug concerns, opioid addiction impact on seniors, exploitation, and new mandatory reporting requirement for financial institutions. Meetings also discuss coordination among the providers and Adult Protective Services' role. It is required in our contracts for Senior Service Network providers to attend these meetings.
Older Adults Symposium - Better Together: Senior Services Through Community
Friday, Oct. 13, 2023 | 9 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. | The Kroc Center (1000 N. Keowee St., Dayton, OH 45404)
The first-ever Older Adults Symposium will bringing together service providers and community leaders for a day of learning and sharing ideas on opportunities and challenges we face in serving older adults in Montgomery County.
Presenters will discuss the current landscape in gerontology, senior housing and trauma-responsive care. There will also be a time to network and a vendor fair.
Registration is $10 and includes lunch. Please register by Sept. 1 here: bit.ly/BetterTogetherRegistration