Vendor Licenses

Types of Vendor's Licenses

There are only two types of vendor’s licenses: County and Transient. A County Vendor’s License is required for selling taxable goods or services at a fixed location of business. A Transient Vendor’s License is for the sale of goods at various shows and markets throughout the state of Ohio. Please read further under “FAQs” to decide which license is necessary for your business.

Vendor’s licenses are used for the collection of state sales tax. Vendors who have previously obtained Service or Delivery Vendor’s Licenses do not have to purchase new vendor’s licenses and can file their sales taxes normally. This change affects only new vendor’s license purchases.

View All

Walk-in Assistance

Walk-in assistance is available at:

Taxpayer Services Division
4485 Northland Ridge Boulevard
Columbus, OH 43229

Other Resources