Informal reviews are closed for scheduling. The final informal reviews will be held the week of September 25.
Don't worry - you still have the opportunity to challenge your property's new value. If you disagree with your value, you can file a formal appeal with the Board of Revision between January 1 and April 1, 2024.
If you have questions about your tentative value, please call our Property Owner Hotline at 937-224-8927.
- How do I join a Zoom meeting?
Informal reviews will be held via Zoom.
If you are unfamiliar with using Zoom, instructions can be found at the Zoom support page.
- Should I schedule an informal review meeting?
Informal review meetings are now closed for scheduling. But don't worry - you still have the opportunity to challenge your property's new value. If you disagree with your value, you can file a formal appeal with the Board of Revision between January 1 and April 1, 2024.
We welcome property owners to meet with us to discuss their property’s value in detail.
Do you disagree with your property’s new value? Do you have questions about how our appraisers determined the value of your property? If you answered yes to either of these questions, an informal review meeting or a Board of Revision appeal may be right for you.
- When will the Auditor’s Office hold informal review meetings?
We scheduled informal meetings by Zoom or telephone call in August and September, 2023.
- Will you actually use the feedback I provide in my informal review meeting?
Yes. After meeting with property owners during our last value update, our appraisers adjusted the values of about half of those properties.
- Do I need to prepare anything for my informal review meeting?
If you have evidence that supports a change to your property's tentative value, we would love to see it. In the past, property owners have brought items such as:
- Sales or listing contract if property was recently bought or sold
- Appraisal from the last 2 years
- Photographs of any damage to your property
- Repair estimate
- Additional sales information for comparable homes in your neighborhood
To submit materials for your Informal Review meeting, please visit our evidence portal or use the following information:
Montgomery County Auditor Informal Review
755 Paragon Road Suite 109, Dayton, Ohio 45459
Email Montgomery County Auditor Informal Review
- I had an informal review meeting and I still disagree with my property’s value. What can I do?
In January-March of 2024, you will have the opportunity to file a formal appeal of your value with the Board of Revision. Please visit www.mc-bor.org to learn more.