Community-Wide Litter Cleanup and Beautification. The Keep Montgomery County Beautiful Litter League is a competitive baseball-themed litter cleanup program aimed at striking out litter in neighborhoods and communities in Montgomery County. Teams from neighborhood groups, businesses, faith-based organizations, clubs, civic groups, and individuals will compete to score the most runs while cleaning up litter in our neighborhoods and communities.
Litter League Rules
- The League runs from May through August.
- Each team must have a captain, a team name, and a roster of no more than 16 players. Any player under age 18 must be accompanied by a parent, guardian, or another responsible adult.
- Each player must complete a Liability Waiver
- Each team must register their cleanup events with Keep Montgomery County Beautiful in advance.
- Keep Montgomery County Beautiful will provide each team with equipment that includes safety vests, trash bags, gloves, and litter grabbers (pending availability).
- Teams must schedule or arrange for the disposal of all collected litter.
- Team captains are responsible for submitting an Online Cleanup Report after each cleanup. Teams will score 1 run for every bag of litter collected.
- Tires and bulk items will not be included in the scoring. Please contact your municipal agency to schedule the pick-up of these items.
How to get started
- Teams should plan on doing 1 or more cleanups per month, from May through August.
- Cleanup supplies will be provided by Keep Montgomery County Beautiful.
- Choose a zip code in Montgomery County where your team will be collecting litter.
- Register Your Team by completing the Litter League Application Form.
- Schedule your cleanup events and activate your Team. Submit your Online Cleanup Report after each cleanup.
- Have fun and make a difference in your community!
- Litter League Form and Online Cleanup Report should be emailed to [email protected]
Teams will sign up and compete by zip code. Groups will identify their own areas to clean. The cleanup season will run from May through August. All teams will be invited to a Litter Free celebration at a Dayton Dragons game, with the teams collecting the most litter throughout the season scoring additional free prizes!
Teams should plan on doing 1 or more cleanups per month, May-August. All cleanup supplies will be provided by Keep Montgomery County Beautiful.
Prior to each cleanup, the team captain will schedule a bulk pickup with the municipal agency for the litter collected. Place your bags of litter at a predetermined location for pickup and report your team stats for the day. Earn points based on how much litter you pick up. As you compete with others, teams will have the opportunity to earn some great prizes along the way.
Each team will have a designated Team captain. Team captains are required to review the league rules, safety instructions, and other important information. It is the responsibility of the team captain to then communicate this information back to the rest of the team. The team captain will also be responsible for ensuring that all players have completed the waiver.