The Montgomery County Law Library is the successor to the Dayton Law Library Association which was originally incorporated in 1868 by a group of local attorneys and was known as the Dayton Bar Association. In 1925 the Association's title changed to the Dayton Law Library Association.
On January 1, 2010, the governance of the Law Library transferred to the newly formed Montgomery County Law Library Resources Board. This new county agency was established pursuant to Ohio H.B. 420 (2008) and has the responsibility to provide legal research, reference, and library services to the county and to manage the coordination, acquisition, and utilization of legal resources [ORC §307.51(B)]. The Board maintains a staffed library facility in the Montgomery County Common Pleas Court Building to serve all officers and employees of the political jurisdictions throughout the county as well as the general public.
The information available at or through this site is provided for information purposes only. The Montgomery County Law Library makes no warranty or guarantee concerning the accuracy of the information obtained at the sites to which we have provided links. Any unauthorized downloading and distribution of any copyrighted material from this site or sites to which we link, without the copyright owner's permission, is strictly prohibited.