File Appeal / Damage Claim

Bill Problem? File a Complaint with the Board of Appeals

If you have an unresolved concern about your water or sewer bill, you can file an appeal with our Board of Appeals. The Board of Appeals is a nonpartisan body that reviews customer concerns and makes final determinations about disputes.

Before proceeding with the appeal process, please ensure that you have first contacted Customer Service at 937-781-2688 to address your concerns.

To file an appeal, you may download the appeal application (PDF). Please ensure that you carefully read all instructions and include all pertinent information when submitting your application.

Request Fee Adjustment

If you would like to request an adjustment for:

  • Tampering Fees
  • Frozen Meter
  • Damage to meter, curb box, and/or equipment
  • Charges related to mainline disconnect

Please complete the Fee Adjustment Application (PDF).

Request for adjustments must be submitted within 90 days from the billing due date. Customers are expected to pay all charges in order to be considered for an adjustment and to have service restored or to prevent service interruption.

File a Damage Claim

If you feel your home or personal property has been damaged by Montgomery County Environmental Services, you are invited to file a damage claim. We regret any problems or inconveniences our operations may have caused you or your family.

If you would like to file a claim, you can download the Claim Application (PDF). Please be sure to read all pertinent instructions and submit all necessary documents for your claim to be evaluated. Most claims will be processed in 8 to 16 weeks. For any additional questions or concerns, please contact 937-781-2666.

Sewer Backup Claims: If you are filing a claim regarding a sewer backup, we recommend that you take advantage of our Foundation Drain Disconnect Program, where we will help fund plumbing updates to your drainage system to prevent future sewer backups. If you would like to know more, please contact the Foundation Drain Disconnect Program Coordinator at 937-781-2695.