For Love of Children
The mission of For Love of Children, Inc. (FLOC) is to provide financial, educational, and advocacy support to youth throughout the Greater Dayton Area. We serve children from the ages of newborn to 18 throughout the community. FLOC began servicing are children in 1980, and has grown into an industry of volunteers who are passionate about caring for our neglected, abused, and foster care community.
Current FLOC Programs
- Baby Safe and Sound: FLOC strives to enhance parent and child development through projects, education, and awareness.
- Betsy Hoobler Skills Center: The Skills Center offers Ohio Graduation Test (OGT) and other educational tutoring support to students.
- Birthday Club: This program is designed for children from ages newborn to 18 who are in foster care. Children receive a card and age-appropriate gift for their birthday.
- Christmas For Kids: FLOC provides new toys and gifts for children involved in Montgomery County's Department of Job and Family Services - Children Services Division each year. This is achieved through donations, fundraising, and volunteer support.
- Comfort a Child: This program provides duffle bags to children when they are brought into foster care or placed in a new home.
- FLOC Boutique: FLOC works to provide formal attire for youth to wear at special events throughout the year, including the winter Ball (which is given for foster children throughout Montgomery County), prom, and homecoming.
- Read To Me: FLOC supports a children's reading corner throughout our service area. Volunteers are provided to read with children who are then encouraged to take the books home free of charge.
- Sponsor-A-Wish: FLOC "grants" wishes for foster children to assist them in extracurricular activities and opportunities throughout the year that government funds may not cover.
- Tools for School: In collaboration with Crayons for Classroom, school supplies are provided to foster children to ensure they are equipped with the proper tools for school.
- Scholarships: FLOC offers scholarships to assist children with their post-secondary educational endeavors.
We thrive with volunteer and contribution support from our local community. Please contact us at 937-223-FLOC or email FLOC to see how you can show your love for children today.
For more information on volunteering, contact visit the FLOC website.