Report a Crime
The RANGE Task Force is designed to mainly focus on drug complaints and drug traffickers, but will have the ability to also investigate all other kinds of crimes.
The RANGE Task Force is a collaborative effort of local agencies pooling resources for criminal investigations involving corporations, businesses, and individuals who are operating in concert, whose activities range in the area of illegal sale and distribution of controlled substances, illegal distribution of alcohol and tobacco, illegal gambling and prostitution and any criminal activity that poses a threat to the safety and welfare of our communities.
As a result of 82 investigations in the year of 2010 money, drugs and/or weapons were confiscated off the streets of Montgomery County. 2010 had a 30% increase in citizen complaints and over 65% of the calls yielded enough information to create valid investigations.
When calling the Narcotic Hotline try to leave as much information that you possibly can regarding the suspicious activity. Note that only the complaints giving a location and type of activity will be investigated. Any of the following helps the detectives with their investigations:
- The address and any description of the establishment; business, resident, apartment
- The name of the suspicious person, and/or a physical description of the person
- Any vehicles; the make, model, color and plate number if you have it. Let us know if the vehicle is used by the suspect or is just arriving and then leaving after short periods of time
- The time of day that the criminal activity is prevalent
- The nature of the suspected activity; narcotic, prostitution, underage drinking, etc
If you do not wish to leave your name or call back number please let us know if you are a resident, neighbor or just a concerned citizen. This information is very helpful when we begin to investigate the suspicious criminal activity and helps to alleviate time so that your neighborhood can be restored to safety as soon as possible.