VA offers a number of lean services to eligible veterans, some military personnel, and certain surviving spouses.
- Guaranteed Loans: VA can guarantee part of a loan from a private lender to help you buy a home, a manufactured home, a lot for a manufactured home, or certain types of condominiums. VA also guarantees loans for building, repairing and improving homes.
- Refinancing Loans: If you have a VA mortgage, VA can help you refinance your loan at a lower interest rate. You may also refinance a non-VA loan.
- Special Grants: Certain disabled veterans and military personnel can receive grants to adapt or acquire housing suitable for their needs.
Time Limits: There is no time limit for a VA home loan.
- Service members, veterans, reservists, and unmarried surviving spouses
- Individual is responsible for loan, not the VA
- VA can hold veteran responsible for any liability that the VA incurs
- For purchase of home, apartment building (up to 4-units), condominium, and more
(If apartment building, MUST occupy one of the apartments)
- Restrictions on mobile homes
- Restrictions on home building, repairs
May be available for spouses of deceased veterans who have not remarried.