Welcome to Recycle Rally 2014 - 2015
Tips for a successful school recycling program.
- Develop a list of students, parents or community volunteers to assist in collecting the recyclables every day.
- Do not store recyclables longer than a week.
- Encourage neighborhood and parent participation.
- Recruit volunteers/students to pick-up from neighbors on a weekly basis, then transport directly to the Rumpke Recycling center.
- Drop off recyclables during the week or early on Saturday to avoid a wait.
How do we get money?
Your school can earn money in many ways:
- At the end of the competition, Rumpke will present your school with a check for the total value of all the recyclables turned in during the contest period. A list of current values for recyclables can be obtained from Rumpke.
- Schools who turn in the most recyclables for their category win additional prizes*: 1st place receives $1,500; 2nd place receives $1,000; 3rd place receives $500.
- Schools finishing outside of the top three places in their division will be entered into a participation drawing.* Up to two (2) schools in each division will win $250.
* A minimum of 2,000 lbs. must be met in order to qualify for prize money in a division. Schools must spend half of prize money on items containing recycled content.
What can we bring?
Rumpke WILL accept:
- Paper products (junk mail, office paper, newspaper, cardboard)
- Aluminum and Tin Cans
- Scrap Metals (Steel, Brass, Copper, Aluminum- including clean foil)
- Plastics #1 & #2
- Glass Bottles
- Textbooks-hardcover and paperback (must be in boxes; do not need to remove binding)
Rumpke CANNOT accept:
- Uncirculated newspapers
- Pizza Boxes (could be contaminated)
- Single items weighing more than 25 lbs.
What if we have another recycling program?
If your school uses another recycling facility, the recyclables collected by your school WILL count toward your final tally for the contest if the recycler is willing to give us weights.
Be sure to note that you use a secondary facility on the registration form so that we know to contact you for more information.
What if I have other questions?
Please feel free to contact Montgomery County Solid Waste at (937) 225-4999.
How do we participate?
Register your school. Complete the registration form below. A detailed competition kit will then be sent to your school.
Take your recyclables to Rumpke.
They will track the weight of the materials turned in. Be sure to let them know it is for your school's recycle rally!
Attend the Recycle Rally Awards Ceremony!
May 2, 2015 at 10:00 AM