Ohio Works First Provides
Temporary Cash Assistance
Low-income families with minor children in the home may qualify for temporary Cash Assistance through Ohio Works First. The program allows participants to get monthly payments while they pursue self-sufficiency.
- Payments through EPPICard debit card or direct deposit
- 36 months of assistance does not have to be consecutive
- Participants must complete a work requirement & self-sufficiency contract in exchange for assistance
Eligibility is determined by income and the number of people living in the home. The fastest way to get started is to apply online. You can also apply in person at The Job Center, 1111 Edwin Moses Blvd., Dayton. A printable application can be found on our forms page.
Who Is Eligible?
- Families with minor child(ren)
- Pregnant women in third trimester
- Specified relatives
- Children living with specified relatives
- Verification of Social Security number
- Identification (valid driver's license, state ID, passport)
- Birth Certificate
- Relationship documenation, income verification, other documents
Assistance can be extended past 36 months if circumstances warrant.
Two types of extensions:
Good Cause -- Off assistance for two years and meeting specific work-related criteria
Hardship -- Must meet one or more of 10 criteria