Linking them to Resources
Children do best when both parents are positively involved in their lives. Those who don't spend significant time with their fathers can suffer many consequences, including:
- Five times more likely to live in poverty
- Three times more likely to fail in school
- Three times more likely to suicide
- Two times more likely to abuse drugs
We offer a Fatherhood Program dedicated to engaging fathers and helping them play an important role in their children’s lives. The program links fathers with resources to give kids a better chance. We can help secure:
- Employment -- With our Seek Work Program, we connect dads with one-on-one employment help so they can get jobs and provide support.
- Visitation Help – Our Fatherhood Program Coordinator can link dads with the Volunteer Lawyers Project so they can file legal paperwork to establish visitation at minimal cost.
- License Reinstatement -- We can help with getting license suspensions lifted and removed from a person's driving record after their license has been reinstated.
- Compromise or Removal of Past Due Support -- We have the authority to negotiate a compromise or complete a waiver of past due support.
- Overcome Barriers from a Prior Conviction -- Criminal convictions can restrict access to jobs, housing and education. We can help you understand and overcome these barriers through Certificates of Employability.
- Job & Family Services Program Information – If you are a Child Support, Public Assistance, Workforce Development or Children Services customer, we can help you navigate the system and get questions answered.