REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS (RFP)
The Montgomery County Department of Job and Family Services (MCDJFS) is soliciting Request for Proposals (RFPs) for the following service on the date and time as listed below:
Residential Care Services for Developmentally Disabled Youth:
Children Services – 3304 N. Main Street Dayton, OH 45405
Assembly Rooms 1 and 2
July 31, 2014 at 10:00 a.m.
July 31, 2014 at 2:00 p.m.
To contract with qualified licensed providers willing to develop programs to support Developmentally Disabled youth in both in-home care and small group home settings (no more than 4 youth) who are in the custody and guardianship of Montgomery County Department of Job & Family Services – Children Services Division.
The target population will include both female and male developmentally disabled youth who are 7-21 years of age with a possible history of the following, including but not limited to: aggression, multiple placement moves, legal involvement, sexually reactive behaviors, educational disruption issues, as well as mental health issues; who are in the custody and guardianship of Montgomery County Department of Job & Family Services – Children Services Division.
Bidder Project Requirements:
All Bidders of services specified in this RFP must:
- Provide narrative information outlining the provider’s history of providing in-home care services and/or group home services to individuals with developmental disabilities, aggression, mental health issues and legal involvement;
- Describe the Treatment Modality the provider will recommend to serve this population;
- Provide examples of successfully working within an interdisciplinary team for individuals with dual diagnosis and intensive case planning needs;
- Provide examples of your ability to manage all health related needs, management of multiple appointments, work with BVR, work with juvenile court system and psychotropic medication management;
- A list of principle staff that will be involved in the development and operation of the in-home care and/or group homes and detailed description of their experience and educational levels in working with individuals who have a dual diagnosis of DDS and mental health diagnosis;
- Describe the employee characteristics/education/experience you will seek when interviewing direct care staff for the development of this program. Also describe the criteria to be used when screening in in-home care applicants for the program;
- Provide proof of background checks and BCI results for all employees prior to employment;
- Provide copies of all certification letters from the Ohio Department of Developmental Disabilities;
- Providers must obtain certification through the Department of Developmental Disabilities and Title IV-E Ceiling Reimbursement Rates, in compliance with current rules and regulations;
- Provide a detailed description of daily operation of the home and the administrative support for direct care staff in the home;
- Provide a detailed description of the initial and annual training requirements for staff and the daily support services to be provided to the child(ren);
- Provide examples of successfully working with individuals with aggression toward staff and peers, juvenile court involvement, sexualized behaviors and mental health issues;
- Have the organizational capacity to provide the proposed services immediately following contract approval; and
- Demonstrate an in-depth understanding of how to provide these services effectively with the designated target population.
The Bidders Conference will be held at the Children Services, Assembly Rooms 1 and 2, 3304 N. Main Street, Dayton, Ohio 45405 on July 31, 2014; interested parties may attend the morning session at 10:00 a.m. or the afternoon session at 2:00 p.m.
Contracts awarded as a result of this bid process shall be effective the date of execution and terminate December 31, 2014.
Pre-registration is requested and questions concerning this conference may be directed to:
Stacey L. Fuller
Contractor Evaluator Negotiator
Montgomery County Department of Job and Family Services
1111 S. Edwin C. Moses Blvd., Contracting Unit
Dayton, Ohio 45422
Telephone: (937) 496-7146