Ways to Green Your Business
- Perform an energy audit or use Energy Star’s Portfolio to track energy use.
- Perform routine maintenance on all Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning equipment.
- Upgrade lighting from T 12 lamps with electromagnetic ballasts to T 8 or T 5 lamps with electronic ballast. Replace incandescent light bulbs with compact fluorescent light bulbs, and use occupancy sensors in restrooms, offices, break rooms, etc…
- Check for leaks by performing water audits or by closely reviewing your water bills.
- Install water-saving heads in your sinks and showers.
- Install low-flush toilets and low-flush or no-flush urinals
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle:
- Perform a waste audit of your business to identify improvement opportunities.
- Track your monthly waste.
- Establish a business – wide recycling program for at least glass, plastic bottles, and paper.
- Buy supplies made with recycled content
Dayton Power and Light (DP&L)
- Save Money for Purchasing Energy Reducing Equipment
- Custom Rebates for Energy Efficient Businesses
- New Construction Rebates
- Area Contractors, Engineers, and Distributors with Energy Efficient Experience