All dogs over the age of three months are required to be licensed. Licenses can be purchased throughout the year at the following locations:
Auditor's Office: Lobby of County Building
451 West Third Street
Dayton, OH 45422
Purchase Dog License
2600 Wilmington Pike
Kettering, OH 45419
Montgomery County Animal Resource Center
6790 Webster St.
Dayton, OH 45414
Humane Society of Greater Dayton
1661 Nicholas Road
Dayton, OH 45418
Benefits of Dog Licensing
- A Montgomery County license can be traced 24 hours a day, 365 a year from a link with the
Montgomery County Auditor
- A license distinguishes a lost dog from a stray dog. Strangers are more apt to extend themselves to licensed pet.
- Provides legal proof of ownership
- Licensed dogs are eligible for the Vacation Registration Program.
- Licensed dogs, by law, are housed at the Shelter 14 days before becoming the property of the county.
- Revenue from licensing is the Animal Shelter's major source of funding.
A Kennel License can be obtained for $120 from the County Building at 451 West 3rd Street. Kennel Licenses are not available from any other dog license-selling locations. Those who purchase a Kennel License must also purchase a Vendor's License for the intent to sell breeding stock.
IT'S THE LAW!