- ARC is the largest companion animal shelter in the Greater Dayton area.
- ARC receives over 7000 dogs per year and over 3500 cats per year.
- ARC is the dog warden for Montgomery County. Every county in Ohio is required by state law to have a dog warden. We handle all the stray dogs for Montgomery County.
- ARC adopts out over 1800 dogs and cats per year - come see us for your next best friend!
- A dog that is not wearing his/her license is held 3 days only - make sure your dog has his/her license on!
- The 2012 Montgomery county dog license fee is $20.00 for altered dogs and $24 for unaltered dogs. For more dog licensing information, visit the Montgomery County Auditor.
- We shelter cats from all over the county - if you have lost your cat, make sure to look here, in addition to the Humane Society of Greater Dayton and SICSA.
- We moved into our new shelter in March 2005. It is a state-of-the-art, 24,000 square foot facility.