Montgomery County Commissioners Judy Dodge, Dan Foley and Debbie Lieberman, along with County Auditor Karl Keith announced today that dog license sales will be extended through February 29, 2012. The previous deadline to purchase your 2012 Montgomery County Dog License was January 31st. Now, dog owners have extra time!
The license extension announcement was made at today’s “#1, #2 and #3 Dog Licenses” recognition ceremony. Three Montgomery County dog owners were the winning bidders of the top three licenses at last year’s “Red Dog Auction” sponsored by SICSA.
The license extension also means extended hours at the Animal Resource Center. The ARC will open at 9 a.m., Monday through Saturday starting January 23rd through February 29th. We will be open until 7 p.m. on the last day of license sales, February 29th.
Reasons to buy your 2012 Montgomery County Dog License:
- The Montgomery County Commissioners and Auditor are grateful to those who have bought their 2012 Dog Licenses and want to make sure all other dog owners have the same opportunity.
- You may have been flooded with “after holiday” bills in January. Now, dog owners have more time to budget for a license.
- Have a heart for Valentine’s Day! Make sure your dog is protected with a 2012 Montgomery County Dog License.
- You love your dog! If he or she is ever missing, a dog license provides a quick and accurate way of notifying you if someone else finds your pet.
- It’s the law! Ohio law requires dogs over three months of age to be licensed.
Montgomery County Dog Licenses are $20 for dogs that have been spayed or neutered and $24 for unaltered dogs, but keep in mind, there are exceptions. Call 225-4314 for more information. You can purchase a 2012 Montgomery County Dog License on line at www.mcohio.org/dogs, at the Auditor’s Office or the Animal Resource Center.