The Montgomery County Animal Resource Center has received many calls from the public asking how they can help following the rescue of 27 dogs and puppies from a home in Jefferson Township on Wednesday, January 4, 2012.
“Any time we have a rescue effort, our citizens provide us with much needed resources and we are incredibly grateful,” said ARC Director Mark Kumpf.
Right now, the dogs and puppies from the Jefferson Township rescue operation are not up for adoption, but there are many pets waiting to go to loving homes.
Here are some ways the public can help:
- Visiting the ARC and adopting any of the dogs or cats already up for adoption.
- Making a donation to the Tiny Tim Fund for medical care.
- Purchasing their 2012 Dog License which funds the ARC operation.
- Making a donation of supplies. A wish list is available at: www.mcohio.org/animalshelter
- Most needed items:
- 55-gallon black trash bags
- “Pooper Scoopers”
- AAA Batteries
- Hoses – 50 feet, 75 feet
10 am - 6 pm, Monday-Friday
10 am - 4 pm, Saturday
11 am - 2 pm, Sundays & Holidays (for lost pet searches only)