Please join Montgomery County Commissioner Judy Dodge for the 2nd Annual Summit on Food Access & Security with a focus on Children’s Health & Nutrition. The event is November 4, 2011 ~ 8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. at the Salvation Army Kroc Center, 1000 N. Keowee Street in Dayton, Ohio.
This informative session will focus on our children’s health and nutrition –
- Why are our children continuing on the path to obesity and what can we do to stop it?
- Learn about current nutrition and health initiatives in our schools.
- Hear an update on the local Food Policy Coalition.
- Learn about local initiatives focused on improving children’s health.
The following speakers will share their expertise –
- Lori L. Ward, Dayton Public Schools—Health & Nutrition Initaitives
- Bobbie Predmore, Community Volunteer—Inspiration
- Erin Pryor, Action for Healthy Kids—Current Initiatives
- Karel Oxley, Lima City Schools—School Breakfast Scorecard
- Jessica Saunders, Dayton Children’s Medical Center—2011 Pediatric Health Assessment
- Leah Sabato and Marin Gilbert, Dayton Children’s Medical Center— Infant & Child Nutrition
- Bruce Barcelo, Public Health-Dayton & Montgomery County—Sized Kids and GetUp! Montgomery County
- Charlie Kozlesky, Children’s Hunger Alliance—U.S.D.A. Summer Food Programs
- Major Tom Duperree, Salvation Army Ray & Joan Kroc Center—Fitness Programs at the Kroc Center
Senator Sherrod Brown will share his perspective on these important issues.
Space is limited so please RSVP early! RSVP by October 21, 2011 to Emily Jackson at
firstname.lastname@example.org or call 937-225-6470. There is no fee for this event and lunch will be provided.
Sponsored by CareSource Foundation, Molina Healthcare of Ohio, Premier Health Partners, Montgomery County Department of Job and Family Services, and Montgomery County Board of Commissioners.